We’ve sanded and primed up Mike to look real nice now, although it’s revealing a few design flaws. First, he doesn’t stand too well, so we have to fix that with either a base or broader feet. The other debate going on with the gang right now revolves around movable appendages. Do we peg his arms so they are posable, or go with the static pose? There is only one place to resolve the debate… back to the proto type!
So here is our first experiment in stop-mo animation. I made a Mac in Plasticine clay, threw up some cardboard and created this little animation in less than an hour. It’s really just a proof of concept and character study. The plan is to tackle this with some roto-paint tools and make it “cleaner”.
By popular demand, we’ve chosen to prototype Mike as the first Biobot toy. He’s modelled in Maya and printed on a 3D Systems HD3500 with UV cured acrylic. The resolution is quite awesome, and it’s easily primed and sanded for the paint job!
oooh! Looks like we’ve got ourselves a Biobabe! Her name is Mara - short for Maraschino. I don’t know about you, but I think she might have a thing for Mike.. Poor Mac, looks like he’s getting bot-blocked.
Wow, this guy’s got some serious magnets on his hands! The other Biobots call him “Magnet Hands” but he prefers to go by Mike. Sometimes, his oh so strong magnets put him in some awkward situations… Luckily Mike’s mostly bio, so he doesn’t have to worry about sticking to himself.